YOUTH SOCCER COACH
Salary: $16.00 – $60.00/hour
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Benefits: Flexible schedule, Training Provided
Location: Montgomery County, MD
Full Job Description
Brit-Am Soccer Academy is a locally owned business founded in 1999 by British-born and former English professional player Steve Knapman. Sharing his love of soccer with players of all ages and training coaches to join him remains his passion to this day. With more than 40 enthusiastic coaches and hundreds of programs each season, we are the leading DC and Montgomery County area provider of soccer programs including classes for toddlers, preschool age children, as well as skills clinics and league play for kindergarten-8th graders. Our popular soccer camps are a favorite experience for soccer players throughout the area.
Each year we introduce thousands of toddlers to soccer through our fun-focused environment. Our programs also include summer day camps, residential camps, high school prep camps, team training, after-school sessions, and individual training. Our staff of former professional and collegiate soccer players are licensed and well respected within the soccer community. From the inexperienced player to the advanced, from the little ones to the high school age, we can surpass the developmental needs of all players. Our programs offer high energy, fun, age-appropriate introduction to the wonderful game of soccer. Our innovative curriculum emphasizes both soccer skills and character development. Our goal is to leave a lasting, positive impact on every child in our program. At Brit-Am Soccer Academy we focus on Building Soccer Futures!
BRIT-AM SOCCER ACADEMY:
Brit-Am Soccer Academy was established in 1999. Brit-Am Soccer Academy offers various programs across the DC/MD region, but you coach within 45 minutes of where you live!
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Compensation: $16.00 – $60.00 per hour based on experience/coaching licenses & certifications
• Flexible hours/schedule
• Full-Time & Part-Time Career opportunities available
• Great environment
• Leadership Training
Looking for full-time or part time work where you can make a positive impact in your community? Become a Brit-Am Soccer Coach!
• Brit-Am blends soccer, education, and fun into high energy 35-50 minute sessions to kids ages 2-8 throughout the DC/MD area.
• You’ll laugh. You’ll break a sweat. And you’ll go home at the end of the day knowing that you made a difference; coaching children will be one of the most rewarding things you ever do.
• We also offer the opportunity to work with our All-Stars Academy where you will be able to work in a team environment. Our All-Stars Academy is part of the MSI Classic League where games are held in Montgomery County and the level of play is far more challenging than that of the recreational soccer leagues. MSI Classic League also allows professional coaches along with volunteer coaches to participate in the league, thus providing Brit-Am Soccer Academy the opportunity to develop boys and girls within a competitive environment within the MSI Classic League.
The ideal instructor MUST meet the following criteria:
• Prior soccer experience is required
• We also require the passion for positively impacting children’s lives through the love of sports and soccer
• Valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle
• Schedule is generally Monday-Friday from 10:00am-12:00pm, 1:30pm-6:30pm, and Saturday/Sunday from 9:00am-3:00pm. Schedule is flexible and changes depending on the season.
• Have excellent timekeeping tendencies
• Have excellent email communication skills
• Be proficient in English
• Must be able to perform the job or task under the working conditions of an active soccer coach such as: lifting/carrying soccer equipment, standing for extended periods of time, run/jog, jump, etc.
• Background check will be required upon employment
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Brit-Am Soccer Academy is an engaging youth soccer program for children ranging in ages 2-18 with a focus on character development. Our caring team positively impacts children’s lives on and off the field through best-in-class coaching, curriculum, and communication. We train the best coaches in the business!
• We put every Brit-Am coach through our comprehensive training program that includes learning the use of developmentally appropriate coaching techniques.
• Our coaches are routinely evaluated and undergo ongoing training.
• Our coach selection process evaluates not only the ability to coach soccer, but, more importantly, the ability to engage and inspire children.
Our families experience exceptional customer service and ongoing communication
• Members of the Brit-Am team must be excellent communicators – with children, with parents, with partners and with each other!
• Our team understands the importance of timely, responsive communication. We use expert-approved curriculum that aligns with early childhood education standards
• Our developmentally appropriate curriculum places an emphasis on character development and skill building.
• Our program is created under the guidance of childhood education specialists, professional soccer players and experienced and licensed soccer coaches.
• We constantly re-evaluate and update our curriculum to stay current with childhood education standards.
Whether you’re looking for a part-time, flexible job, or a full-time career – if you have a passion for positively impacting children, we’d love to talk to you.